Trinh NguyenI am a passionate Cloud Solution Architect & SDN/NFV researcher with more than 9 years of experience. In my day job, I am helping the company to operate, utilize, and design state of the art cloud infrastructure to make the lives of developers much easier. I am also an active open source contributor and currently the Project Team Lead for the OpenStack Searchlight project. I work in many domains such as System Engineering, Network Virtualization, and Cloud Computing, etc. I am also an organizer of the Official OpenStack User Group in Vietnam (VietOpenInfra) where I organize community events such as upstream contribution training, meetups, OpenInfra day, etc.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GitHub: https://github.com/dangtrinhnt
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dangtrinhnt
- Project management: Launchpad, Storyboard, Kanban
- Network design, administration, and security: Vyatta (VyOS), FreeRADIUS, OpenLDAP
- System administration: Linux, Windows, logs & monitoring (Zabbix, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Automation: Ansible, bash shell
- Server virtualization: VMWare, KVM
- Container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
- Software engineering: OpenStack Searchlight (Cloud Resource Discovery), Freezer (Disaster Recovery), Fenix (Infrastructure Rolling Upgrade), and Tacker (NFV MANO), Ceilometer, AODH
- Content management systems: WordPress, Drupal, DjangoCMS, Mezzanine
- Learning management systems: Open EdX, Moodle, PowerSchool
- Database design: MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB
- 2017-2019: Masters of Engineering, Information Communication & Materials Convergence, Soongsil University, Seoul, South Korea
- 2007-2012: Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Networking, University of Information Technology, Vietnam National University in HCMC, Vietnam
- 05.2020-now: Cloud Solution Architect & Delivery Manager at FPT Software Korea, South Korea
- 07.2019-05.2020: DevOps Engineer at MyMusicTaste, Seoul, South Korea
- 04.2019-now: Project Team Lead for the OpenStack Telemetry project
- 2018-now: Organizer of the Viet OpenStack User Group
- 2018-now: OpenStack Superuser's Editorial Advisory Board Member
- 08.2018-now: Project Team Lead for the OpenStack Searchlight project
- 09.2017-now: Research Assistant at ANDA Labs, Soongsil University, Seoul, South Korea
- 07.2017-now: Founder of EdLab
- 05.2016-07.2017: System Administrator at Saigon South International School, HCMC, Vietnam
- 10.2012-05.2016: Full-stack Developer at Saigon South International School, HCMC, Vietnam
Workshops and Conferences
- Organizer, “Open Infrastructure Days Vietnam 2019”, 08/2019, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Speaker, organizer, "How to contribute to OpenStack", the 1st OpenStack Upstream webinar, Vietnam OpenStack User Group, 11/05/2018
- Speaker, "Saving the light", Korea OpenStack User Group meetup, 10/19/2018, Seoul, South Korea
- Speaker, "Let's design an agile monitoring solution for the containerized OpenStack", the 1st Vietnam OpenInfra Day, 08/2018, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Speaker, "Hybrid VNFs across OpenStack and K8S VIMs", OpenStack Summit in Vancouver, 05/2018, Vancouver, Canada
- Organizer, Hackjam I, 10/2013, HCMC, Vietnam
- Speaker, "Django, an introduction to web development", Barcamp Saigon 2013, HCMC, Vietnam
- Speaker, "Google Apps for teaching and learning", Vietnam Tech Conference 2017, HCMC, Vietnam
- Hologram station host, Innovate SSIS event, 02/2017, HCMC, Vietnam
- Speaker, organizer, "Shakespeare in Love with Vyatta", UIT Sec Day, 03/2017, HCMC, Vietnam
- Nguyen, Trinh, and Myungsik Yoo, “An Agent-Based Mechanism for Testing SFC”, 한국통신학회논문지, 44(10), 1949-1955, 2019
- Nguyen, Trinh, and Myungsik Yoo, “A YAML-Based Profiler for Designing SFC Tests” 한국통신학회논문지, 44(12), 2303-2308, 2019
- Nguyen, Trinh, Cuong Le, and Myungsik Yoo, “A Self-Healing Mechanism for NFV By Leveraging Resource Information Indexing Technique”, 2019 ICTC, 2019
- Nguyen, Trinh, and Myungsik Yoo, “An Implementation of The Interoperability Testing Service for Service Function Chains”, KICS Summer Conference 2019
- Nguyen, Trinh, and Myungsik Yoo, “An Interoperability Testing Framework for Network Services in NFV”, The 29th Joint Conference on Communications and Information, 2019
- Nguyen, Trinh, and Myungsik Yoo. "Mechanism for Dynamically Updating Service Function Chains in NFV." 한국통신학회논문지 43.9 (2018): 1476-1482.
- Nguyen, Trinh, and Myungsik Yoo. “End-to-End Monitoring System Design for Containerized OpenStack.” The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol. 43, no. 10, 2018, pp. 1682–1687., doi:10.7840/kics.2018.43.10.1682.
- Nguyen, Trinh, Tri-Hai Nguyen, and Myungsik Yoo, “Developing the VNFs for the vCPE system using OpenWrt.”, JCCI 2018.
- Nguyen, Tri-Hai, Trinh Nguyen, and Myungsik Yoo. "Analysis of deployment approaches for virtual customer premises equipment." 2018 International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN). IEEE, 2018.
- The organizer of the Official OpenStack User Group in Vietnam (VietOpenInfra)
- President of the Vietnamese Student Association for the school year of 2018-2019 in Soongsil University, Seoul, South Korea.
- Chair of the Saigon South International School's Terry Fox Run 2016: It is my honor to be the chair of the Terry Fox Run event (raising funds for cancer research) at Saigon South International School in 2016. My role is to organize the needed resources and coordinate volunteers, selling T-shirts to support the effort. Terry Fox Run in Ho Chi Minh City is one of the biggest Terry Fox Runs outside of Canada.